Wednesday, October 12, 2011

October 10, 2011 "My quick tour around Europe"

Well I don't really know where to start for this week...so I guess I'll start in Spain!!!!!!!!
CHRIS!!! YOUR GOING TO SERVE IN MADRID!!!! HOLY COW!!!!I dont really know how to explain all of my feelings!!! I definately was crying and so overwhelmed with just pure emotion when I read your call!! Im so sad I don't get to be there to send you off...but I can't wait till you join me out here in the field AND on this side of the ocean!! Your going to be such an amazing missionary...I can't wait! Oh and everyone here in Paris that I've been annoying because of my excitment about your call says congrats :D

Then from Spain...I guess I'll move to Belgium...because that is where I am being transfered to this week!!!! I am leaving my dear Paris after 6 months and heading north for the winter to Brussels!!! Alot is changing in our mission. President Poznanski has started to put a real push on finding young, french families. He feels that sisters are going to be able to reach out to families in smaller villes better. Donc, ALL sisters are being taken out of Paris and elders are being taken out of smaller villes and put in the cities. So this transfer was insane and alot is changing. Almost everyone is either training or whitewashing (meaning you and your companion are both new to the area). So our mission kind of feels like we were thrown into a blender and pushed 'frappé!!! (and with four sisters moving out... that is just about what our apartment looks like as well!) And in all this craziness ... I'm headed to the land of frites and goufres!!!

But for right in this moment...I'm still chillin in Paris! We've had a crazy week. Two new amis (a chinese girl and a russian man...sound familiar??) Soeur Williams finally recieved a diagnosis AND treatment for her ankle!!!! (tenaonitis...was that really so hard to figure out??) I turned 22...birthday in Paris! When did I get so lucky?? Soeur Williams and I found out we are going to seperated (she is headed to Blois... dont ask how to say it...I just know its on the complete oppisite end of the mission than me!) AND we got to leave Paris with a bang.

Our concert that we have been planning for the entire transfer was last night and if I do say so myself...it went amazing! Seriously...we were rehearsing up untill the last moment and it sounded horrible. But we were blessed and somehow everything came together.Either angles came down and put magical earmuffs on everyone so we sounded good or they just sang for us because by the end of the night there was not a dry eye in the audience. The spirit was so strong and I think all the missionaries in our zone felt like we got to have a very satisfing and dramatic farewell to Paris.

Not that I would ever dream of being nostalgic and dramatic about leaving Paris- the work goes on even if you may or may not feel like your leaving a piece of your heart in a ville. People will probably forget my name by Sunday...but they played a key role in my mission and one day in heaven I'll be able to thank them in proper angel talk rather than stuttering french. And now Im off to a new ville to stress, laugh, and cry with new amis! Besides.. Paris has been here for awhile...I'll come back one day ;)

Love you and miss you!
Soeur Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment