Thursday, April 21, 2011

April 21, 2011

Well here it is...my final words from the MTC!!!! Wahoo!!!! Can you believe...I've been within the same 1 block radius for 8 weeks straight...and now I'm headed to PARIS!!!! You know what that means...send me all the dearelders while you still can! haha
 
This week has been one to remember. This week we finally had an apostle come and speak to us! Richard G. Scott came it was amazing! I don't know how to describe the spirit that was in the room while he spoke to us. He first gave us his written talk and then he put the papers down, took off his glasses, and said "I've been impressed to say some things..." and I was just thinking alright! here comes the good stuff!! haha (yes...i am officially a spiritual nerd) Anyways, it was amazing. First he had everyone in the crowd who was going language-speaking raise their hands. Then he said "I use my apostlic power to give you the gift of tongues" It was so powerful. He did warn us that we still need to study... but it was such a comforting blessing. He promised us a lot of things and it definately felt like he was speaking directly to our district and me because he addressed alot of the fears and worries that come when your facing the field in 4 days (eeeeeek!) He ended with his testimony which was so powerful because when he says things like "I KNOW" you can just feel that he really does KNOW...he doesn't just believe. The spirit was so strong at the end of the meeting that everyong was just silent as we walked back to the classrooms. It was definately a good way to end our time at the MTC.
 
As well my companion and I had the opportunity to particpate in a training meeting for new missionaries. We had to conduct a lesson with a paid actor while a room of newbies watched. When we were first asked to do it I was terrified, but then we found out we were reccommended by our teachers and it gave me alot of confidence. It turned out to be an amazing experience. It made me feel so excited for the field because I can't wait till I'm sitting in the living rooms of REAL investigators. It also made me reflect alot on how far we've come in the MTC, because I remember watching those missionaries 9 weeks ago and thinking they were so calm and knew what they were doing (LIES) but at least I can appear that way.
 
Today we had our last temple trip. It was so amazing. The most spiritual experience I've yet in the temple. The spirit was amazing while in there, the wierd part was leaving. I felt as we walked out the front doors the spirit leave. Just a little bit, because I just had this image of us walking out into a Babylon of sorts. We are leaving the comforts of the MTC where everyone loves us and is so proud of us, to a city where...well Babylon is the best word I can think of. But an elder in our district put it the best way I think. He said "we are sacrificing our time with the temple and these blessings to go and give it to others." Makes me so excited for France!!!
 
I don't have much else to say. I'm so excited to leave, because I know this gospel is true. I know it is the source of all happiness and joy I have felt in my life. I know that the Savior lives and loves each one of us. I know that the atonement can help us overcome every trial in our life. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet and that he restored Christ's church on the earth. I know he translated the Book of Mormon, and through that book we can learn how to follow Christ. I know the Lord is with the missionaries every step of the way and will help us! Now I just need to learn to say all this in french haha...
 
Love you all!
Soeur Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment