Monday, January 9, 2012

January 9, 2012 "Weekly report from Brussels"

Bonjour!

Well this week I don't feel like I have much to report. It was transfer week...but since Soeur Murray and I are both staying...we barely felt any change. And our entire district is staying the same...so life just keeps on going here in the Strombeek Brussels ward.

This week we had a wonderful week with Kedinnetse (Tom). She is absolutely amazing. The first time we taught her this week she told us she knows that Joseph Smith is a prophet! She is even starting to talk like 'a memeber'...she kept saying how she's always wanted to obey all of God's laws but didnt know about the 'latter day saint church' yet and in her prayers she always thanks Heavenly Father for the sisters! Its tender. But we were called to repentance a little bit...she told us she had been waiting for us all Christmas to pass by..But with transportation strikes and everything we just weren't able to make out to her. So the second time we saw her this week we brought her gingerbread cookies (thank you Shannon for the mix!) and we taught with a YSA from the ward. It was amazing...we taught her about prophets and asked her if should would follow the prophet. She replyed and told us she would keep any commandment we could give her. We then asked if we could tell her how we found her...and told her about being the last house on the street on a long  and freezing night. She also told us it was a miracle that she had been home alone with the kids that night...Because if her bosses had been home they would have answered and not been interested. It made me so grateful for the miracle night we had...and strengthened (gave me) my testimony in knocking doors. The Lord knows when, where, and how we need to find people. We haven't been able to fix a baptismal date with her because she really wants to wait till she is with her family in Africa to get baptized...which is frustrating because she doesnt go back for another two years...so we're trying to think of good way of telling her now is the time. Pray for her!

Another tender moment this week. A couple weeks ago we gave a young women in our ward who is struggling a copy of the book of mormon and asked her to write her testimony in it and then we can give it away. This week she gave it to me at church and it was the most tender testimony. She described what it felt like to feel the spirit when she reads. Her mom came up to me later and told me that her daughter was the one pushing them all out the door to get to church that morning. I just thought that was so cute! Im glad once in a while young women give us a chance to be their friend rather than think sister missionaries are really wierd (like I did..oops).

So experiences like that are make Soeur Murray and I really excited for this transfer. I love this ward and just feel like they are my little family that Im here to serve. I dont know to explain it...but I love it here!

So voilĂ  quoi...wierd how at the beginning of every email I feel like I have nothing to say...then I manage to spit something out. Thanks for bearing with me.
I love you! I hope you have a great week!
Soeur Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment