Sunday, March 27, 2011

Week Five

Bonjour!!!!
 
This week we officially celebrated our one month anniversary! I can't believe its gone so fast...or that I've survived this long on MTC food. Jk Jk...its a blessing...just makes me that much more excited for French food! haha. Its wierd to look back and think of how shy our district was...and how little french we understood... or that I had any sort of life other than being a missionary. It seems a times like we've been here forever...in a good way. haha Now with one month left till we leave all I can think about is...how freaking excited I am to get to France!!! oh and that I can barely speak french. I think the most frustrating thing is I'm starting to understand what people are saying (I had a magical lesson this week where I actually understood everything our 'investigator' said), but I don't know how to respond to what they say. I guess it will all come with time.
 
Let's see...highlights for the week:
- yup its that time of the month when all the elders hair is getting too long and they have to get really funny haircuts at the MTC barbar...its been good for laughs for us sisters
- This week at our District's "FHE" that we've created on Monday nights, the elders created a questionnaire that we all had to fill out. The best question was finding out who everyone's "type" was. Some guys in our district like asians...some like midgets...and one guy put that he "generally likes white"....we're still trying to figure out exactly what that means.
- I continue to love being a companion with a convert. The only bad thing is when she starts to teach things in french like the Holy Trinity or other catholic doctrine...and I don't realize what she is saying for a few minutes, when I do, I proceed to go into a panic and start waving my arms back and forth and attempt to explain what we actually believe.....she's learning :)
- As we become VERY familar with every hymn we have now resorted  to singing Disney songs everywhere we can. The shower...during study time... in the dorm rooms...c'est bonne!
- We officially celebrated one sister's birthday out of a vending machine. We bought her all sorts of goodies...hopefully she didn't notice that the only place on campus to buy scooby doo snacks was out of the vending machine...and she got like 4 packets of them.....
- The elders have opened up for us and shared their lovely talent of rapping...we've sat through many raps about french, the mtc food, getting letters from girls, etc etc. Tres amusant! Some of the sisters have been sharing their special talents as well...we've heard an "elmo voice" the "bat from anastasia" and many other accents and characters....I may or may not have demonstrated the Smith-lips.....
-Finally, I have taught my district the fine art of Franglais. The most used saying in our district is 'je ne care pas'...or other such useful combinations of french and english. My family would be so proud :) soon they will all start calling their mom's 'c'est la mere' haha
 
I know my letter is short...but my life continues to revolve around being in a classroom ALL the time. I don't know if anyone would even want to sit through a letter of me describing that haha. But I continue to be amazed how loving our Heavenly Father is. Every day has its struggles and difficulties, but our Heavenly Father is always listening. I didn't even know it was possible to feel the spirit so often in one day. I've been wondering why I am so exhausted at the end of every day since all we do is sit and we get 8 hours of sleep...but I thinks its just that the spirit is really exhausting! Trying to constantly be receiving inspiration can be a tiring, but amazing experience! I'm not going to lie...I  wanted to cry a little bit on our one month anniversary...I don't want a month of my mission to be over already! But...luckily I still have many more to go!
 
I love you all and I hope your having a good spring break!
Soeur Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment