Monday, December 26, 2011

December 26, 2011 "Joyeux Noel!"

Joyeux Noël!!!!!
 
Well Im going to keep this email short and sweet, a. because the keys on this keyboard are lame and its difficult to type and b. I just talked to you a few hours ago!!!
 
Im trying to think of how to sum up this week. Everyone talks about how amazing Christmas is as a missionary, and generally I think Christmas is pretty amazing...so I wasn't sure how it could get much better. Then this week ended up a little frustrating. First, Brussels public transportation went on strike...which left us and all stressed-out Christmas shoppers walking...which meant, a. we had to cancel alot of rendezvous...an b. we were left to do finding in our highly muslim neighborhood. Then even on good days it seemed like everyone we had rendezvous with either ended up in the hospital ( I know I should have more sympathy...but after the third person it seeme a little ridiculous) or they had family over and didn't understand that we are ok with that...we can teach their family too. haha
 
But then Christmas Eve came, and we were eating dinner at a members house, and they put in Mr. Kruger's Christmas. Call me cheesy, but there is a scene where he is at Christ's birth and talking with Christ. He thanks him an calls him his best friend. And all the sudden, I felt that too. Christ is my best friend, and I cant even count the things he's done for me, or ever repay him. And all of the sudden I felt so full of missionary pride (the good kind) and Im so grateful for the opportunity to introduce Christ to people who don't know him yet. Even when it means long nights of going from door to door in Muslim neighborhoods.
 
So there you go. Judge me- my Christmas miracle didn't come through an investigator or contacting; it came through an old, cheesy church film...that made me remember the real purpose Im in Europe, attempting to mumble french, and going a year and a half without sleeping in. After that...the disappointments of the week seemed like such a small price to pay for being involved in this amazing work.
 
And thats it. My missionary Christmas...pretty simple. But not near as simple as the very first Christmas. I hope you all had time this week to reflect of our brother, our friend, our Savior.
 
I love you all!
Soeur Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment